Umanga - Careers
Welcome to Tamatea High School Careers and Transition. We would be delighted to help you navigate your Career pathway.
Mrs Morgan and Mrs Loughran are both available to assist you with specialised Careers information. Your Whānau Group Teacher is also a key person to help you make plans to get to where you want to.
The Careers room can help you:
- Pass your Learners’ licence
- Record your volunteer work on the SVA website or app
- Help you to prepare a CV
- Help you find places to ask for work
- Prepare you for any interview
- Assist you to fill in forms, employment contracts, …
- Help organise driving practise or a driving lesson
- Assist you with finding information about a career or places to study
- Help with student loans and allowances
- Assist you to apply for scholarships
- Organise Work Experience for you
- Coordinate all aspects of Trades Academy
- Organise for you to study via correspondence or on-line learning for subjects that are unavailable at Tamatea
- Provide access to extension learning
- Work with you to make a plan for your future.
The Careers room (M11) is open almost any break 2 for assistance.
Trades Academy @ EIT 2023
Please click on the button below to download the Trades Academy @ EIT Booklet for 2023 - this will help you to decide on what course you want to take.